Magento today announced the general availability of Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 and Community Edition 2.1. According to the announcement, this release offers many new features to increase both sales and team productivity, while also simplifying PCI compliance. You can now:
- Increase conversion rates with a streamlined PayPal In-context Checkout experience.
- Store credit cards with PayPal so returning customers can quickly check out without re-entering their payment information.
- Simplify PCI compliance while controlling your checkout design using Braintree Hosted Fields.
- Improve productivity with new Admin search capabilities and redesigned product, category, and CMS pages.
- Deliver better search results with a new tool to manage search synonyms at a store view, website, or global level.
New System Requirements
With version 2.1, Magento drop support for PHP 5.5. The new system requirements are:
- PHP 5.6
- PHP 7.0.2
- PHP 7.0.6 + up until 7.1
- MySQL 5.6
We will be rolling out an update to all our M2 hosting servers in the next few days to accommodate the latest requirements.